The Singapore International Graduate Scholarship ( SINGA ) is an international doctoral study program in collaboration with several top universities in Singapore, as Singapore is a gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region.
With SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, create global connections, and take your research career to greater heights.
Scholarship identification card
1. Location: Singapore
2. Participating universities: This scholarship is a joint cooperation between each of the universities;
- Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR).
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Singapore Management University (SMU).
3. Available majors: Research areas in the program are generally divided into four categories;
- Biomedical Sciences (BMS)
- Computing and Information Sciences (CIS)
- Engineering and Technology (E&T)
- Physical Sciences (PS)
4. Academic level: Ph.D. degree
5. All nationalities
6. Scholarship type: 4 years fully funded Ph.D. studies
7. Deadline: For the January admission period, applications open from December 2 to June 1. For the August admission period, applications open from June 2 to December 1
8. Study language: English
Who can get the scholarship
Here are the set of people who can have access to this scholarship.
- International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of Singapore.
- A student who has never studied in Singapore
- A student who has a passion for science and engineering research, excellent academic qualifications, good reports from academic referees, and fluency in English are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive, A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies.
This scholarship provides support for up to 4 years of doctoral studies including:
1. Tuition fees
A monthly stipend of $2,200 which will be increased to $2,700 after passing the qualification exam.
A one-time air travel grant of up to 1,500 Singapore dollars.
A one-time settlement allowance of S$1,000.
Documents required to apply for the Scholarship
You can prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
2. A valid passport
A recent passport size photograph (in .jpeg or .png format).
3. Transcripts and Report
Transcripts and reports, all translated into English must be;
- Academic transcripts for a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate(s) or certified letter from the university regarding your candidacy if you have not been awarded a degree yet.
- Master’s academic transcripts, if any (translated into English).
- Master’s degree, if available (translated to English) or a letter of credit from the university regarding your candidacy if your degree has not yet been awarded.
4. letters of recommendation
These are completed and submitted online by your teachers.
Optional documents: GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. The university may require you to submit satisfactory grades as part of the university’s admission requirements.
How to apply
You will need to complete and submit an online application form by clicking on this link, as soft copies of previous supporting documents must be uploaded during your online application, subject to the following.
- Ensure that the information you provide while registering the account in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification when you log in for the first time.
- Make sure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award SINGA” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do not send any paper documents to the scholarship office.
- Submit your requests as soon as possible. This will provide sufficient time for your referees to submit their recommendation report online before the application deadline, as only applications containing two recommendations reports will be processed.
- Make sure you check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is true and accurate before submitting the application, as modifications to the application will not be possible after submission.